Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter,room temperature
- 4 ounce cream cheese,room temperature
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs,room temperature
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- zest of lemon or orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, keep aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar in three
additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on
medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time,
mixing well after each addition.Add vanilla and and orange zest , beat
until incorporated. Now add the flour mixture and beat just until
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.