Earthquake Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cup water
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the german chocolate cake mix with the oil, eggs, and water.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the coconut/chocolate chip/pecan layer.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in 1 pound of powdered sugar until it's smooth to the butter/cream cheese.
- Spread this mixture on top of the uncooked german chocolate cake in the pan, and swirl into the cake mix using a knife.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. It is done when it doesn't wobble in the pan if you shake it.
Note: The toothpick test to check if the cake is done dont work because the cake should be more gooey in nature.